Flower mix for Birds and Butterflies
Our Bird, Butterfly mix is a mixture of carefully selected annual and perennial flowers and a special low growing grass (sheeps fescue).
- 20m² contains 40g of flower seed and 20g sheeps fescue.
- 100m² contains 200g of flower seed and 100g sheeps fescue.
- Sheeps fescue is a low growing grass that won't swamp the wildflowers.
- Conventional, non organic seed
Contents: FLOWERS: Cheiranthus allionii (Wallflower, B/P), Iberis umbellata (Candytuft, A), Delphinium consolida (Larkspur, A), Liatris spicata (Gayfeather, P), Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower, P), Gaillardeia aristata (Blanketflower, A/B), Callistephus chinensis (China Aster, A), Centaurea cyanus (Cornflower, A), Eschschoizia californica (TP), Gaillardia pulchella (Indian Blanket , A/B), Salvia coccinea (Scarlet Sage, P), Coreopsis lanceolata (P), Clarkia amoena (Godetia, A), Ratibida columnifera (P), Coreopsis tinctoria (P), Monarda citriodora (Lemon Mint, P), Asclepias tuberosa (Milkweed, P), Lobularia maritima (Sweet Alyssum, A), Rudbeckia hirta (Black eyed Susan, A/B/P). (key: A = Annual, B=Biennial, P=Perennial, TP= Tender Perennial) GRASS: Sheeps Fescue (Festuca Ovina) or Hardy Fescue (Festuca Ovina duriu).Prefers a sunny location.
- Bare soil should be cultivated (harrowed/rotivated) to ensure that the young seeds can root easily. Where weeds or grass dominate the ground should be ploughed in autumn and soil cultivation should take place in spring before sowing the flowermeadow. Do not apply any fertiliser. It is important to remove potentially competing weeds (e.g. dock weed, nettles, etc.) before sowing.
- Sow in spring or autumn in a well raked bed with fine crumble soil. Scatter seed,
- Rake lightly and firm down well.
- Water for first couple of weeks.
- Flowers June-October.
- The meadow should be cut about 5cm high in September. The grass cuttings should dry on the meadow to allow remaining seeds to fall on to the ground. After some days carefully remove the dried foliage. During the flowering period the meadow should not be used as flowers will not recover when compacted by walking. During the rest of the year the use of the flower meadow should be limited.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- EXCELLENT delivery and now looking forward to the results from the seeds thank you
- looking forward to sowing them
- Very favourable
- Efficient service
- Great service
- Prompt delivery,nicely packaged with clear instructions.All in all a great service which I will recommend.
- Excellent service
- Excellent swift service, seeds arrived well packaged and with clear instructions on how, when and where to set