Winter Purslane / Claytonia / Miners' Lettuce
- Succulent leaves make an excellent salad or can be stir fried or braised in Autumn and Winter
- Winter hardy. It will thrive in cool conditions and will grow well even in poor, light soils.
- Flowers are also edible. Sow in August and September in rows 20 cm apart. Harvest from late Autumn until spring.
- Germination takes approx. 2 weeks .
- Sow: - for use in Autumn sow from end of July, early August outdoors in rows 20 cm apart.
- Sow: - for use in Winter sow from mid August indoors in rows 15 cm apart.
(The common name Miner's Lettuce refers to its use by the California Gold Rush miners of the 1850's who ate it so as to get their vitamin C to prevent scurvy).
1000 seeds Cert. Org (GB-ORG-6)