Honesty Lunaria annua
- Honesty is easy to grow from seed and tends to naturalize.
- It is usually grown as a biennial, being sown one year to flower the next. Honesty is suitable for cultivation in a shady or dappled area, or in a wildflower garden.
- This plant has lovely purple/lilac flowers,giving a fine display from May to June.
- Has flat silvery seed pods in autumn that are ideal for winter floral arrangements.
- The Latin name lunaria means "moon-shaped" and refers to the shape and appearance of the seedpods. The common name "honesty" arose in the 16th century, and may also relate to the translucence of the seedpods. Also called judas schilling.
- Member of the cabbage family.
- Height - reaches 75cm.
- Certified Organic IE-ORG-02
- Seed supplied by Irish Seed Savers.