- Prevents weed growth.
- Growth-promoting - creates excellent soil climate.
- Will improve soil structure as it degrades.
- Water-saving - Wool stores up to 33% of its weight in water which is slowly released.
- Fertilizer - sheep wool contains important nutrients for the plant, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Slugs and Snails avoid sheep wool products. Wool fibres have very fine scales on them with tiny barbs which irritates the slugs preventing them going across the weed mat.
- Pure natural product - sustainable and renewable.
- Sheep wool does not have to be artificially produced. The producer is the sheep.
- Can also be used in hanging baskets and tubs to stop the soil drying our as the wool attracts and locks in moisture into the soil.
- Will last between 18-24 months.
- 100% biodegradable.
- Made in Austria.
How to use
- Before rolling out the matt, clear the ground of weeds and aerate the soil.
- Lay on the ground and cut with scissors or a knife to make planting holes.
- Can be held down with garden pins or stones 'till the plants are established.
- Can also be used for frost protection if wrapped around plant pots.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great alternative to weed killer
- Great alternative to nasty weed killers and great value too. I'll be getting some more as it works so well!