Butterfly & Pigeon Net
Strong netting that is easy to place over crops for pigeon and butterfly protection.
- Available in 2, 4, 6, 8 metre widths - 10m lengths or 100m rolls (wider rolls at request).
- Can be ordered in multiples of 10m. e.g. order 3 x 10m if you want 30m and it will be cut in one piece.
- Will last many seasons.
- Mesh dimensions 5mm x 7mm.
- Material: UV-stabilised HDPE
- Weight 35g/m²
Pigeons - attack a wide range of plants, but seem particularly keen on the leaves of brassicas (such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbages and cauliflower), cherries, and peas.
- Leaves will be ripped leaving only the centre stalk behind.
- Plants look like skeletons and no crop will be produced.
- Heavy pigeon grazing will prevent pea development.
- Pigeons also eat the fruit of cherries and currants.
Butterflies - adult butterflies do not cause any damage to plants. However, their larvae do. Butterflies can wriggle through normal bird netting.
- Large cabbage white larvae (yellow and black patterned caterpillars) will destroy small Brassica plants and severely damage larger plants. Large infestations can often defoliate whole Brassica crops if left untreated.
- Small cabbage white larvae (green caterpillars) feed singly and will often burrow deep into head forming Brassicas causing holes and contaminating leaves with excrement.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Very happy
- Very smooth transaction quick delivery and very happy with the product. Many thanks
- Ideal for protection
- Great strong netting
- Excellent product !
- This product is absolutely brilliant, lovely dark green colour and perfectly designed to keep pigeons etc. away from my cabbage, kale, lettuce and other greens. Looking forward to visiting & shopping at Fruit Hill Farm again. Ger Tobin, Ballincollig, Cork.
- Perfect for fruit bushes
- It was exactly what l needed for my gooseberry and currant bushes, very easy to use and good value, delivered in a couple of days, thank you
- Value product from a value on line retailer.
- This product is perfect for creating domed crop covering. Lightweight, versatile, easy to use and quite sturdy. Just as described. Website is efficient and the ordering process very straightforward. Dispatch and delivery were very prompt.
- An excellent product
- This netting is light but very strong and very easy to handle. Tangle free! An excellent product as ever from Fruithill Farm.
- Very good
- Great netting and is heavy enough not to get tangled.