Sulphate of Potash containing Magnesium & Sulphur
A unique, naturally occuring potash fertiliser from Germany where there are vast deposits underground. Highly concentrated fertiliser containing the nutrients potassium, magnesium and sulphur in an ideal ratio. The nutrients are present in the form of sulphate, are water-soluble and therefore immediately available to the plants.
- 30% K2O water-soluble potassium oxide (25% K).
- 10% MgO water-soluble magnesium oxide (6% Mg).
- 17% S water-soluble sulphur trioxide (17% S).
- Unaffected by the soil pH and is therefore suitable for application to all sites.
- A high quality spread pattern due to the uniform particle size of grading which enables a precise distribution even at wide spreading widths.
- For technical data sheet on Patentkali please click here.
- Being a crude salt, Patentkali is approved according to regulation (EC) 834/2007 and (EC) 889/2008 for use in organic farming systems. It is a restricted input and requires justification as per Organic Food and Farming Standards in Ireland.
- Special offer - 15% discount on 10 bags. Call for tonne prices.
It is best to apply Patentkali in the spring so that it is not lost to leaching during the winter. Can be applied to the soil up to time of planting or can be used as a top dressing when the crop is growing. Guidline application for soils with medium potassium content:
- Vegetables: 80-100g/m²
- Fruit: 60g/m²
How was it created? Most of Central Europe was covered by an inland sea more than 250 million years ago, which was largely cut off from the open sea by shallow straits, known as Bars. Since a desert-like climate predominated at that time, the intensive solar radiation evaporated the water, like in a gigantic evaporating pan. The salinity of the body of water increased until the dissolved minerals (carbonates, sulphates and chlorides) crystallized out and formed layers of potassic minerals. This led to the development of vast deposits, some of which are several hundred meters thick.
Kieserit Magnesium and Sulphur Fertiliser
We can also supply Kieserit which is a granular sulphate based magnesium and sulphur fertiliser with 15% Mg and 20% S. As with Patentkali, the nutrients are in an immediately plant available (water-soluble) form. An efficient Mg and S source for all crops in all types of soil regardless of soil pH. Suitable for the production of compound fertiliser as well as for straight manual application. ESTA® Kieserit gran. is, as a crude salt, approved according to regulation (EC) 834/2007 and (EC) 889/2008 for use in organic farming systems. Available in 600kg bags only. Please call to order.