Alouette Organic Seed Potato
- Alouette is a second early potato variety.
- Meaning Skylark in French, Alouette has an attractive oval long tuber with bright red skin and yellow flesh.
- Read our blog post on how to chit potatoes.
- Don't plant directly into cold soil - let the soil heat up a little.
- Let the seed potatoes pre-sprout after taking off the top sprout.
- Alouette has a rapid early foliage development and gives complete canopy cover helping to suppress weeds.
- All-round/salad potato. Very versatile.
- Great flavour, it can be boiled, steamed, roasted, baked and chipped.
- Alouette looks good, gives high yields and cooks well with the added advantage of being very, very blight resistant.
- For more information about Alouette Seed potatoes click HERE for pdf.
- Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm.