Pot marigold, or Calendula officinalis, is a commonly cultivated medicinal flower, it is mainly used for skin care and treatment. Calendula comes from the Latin word calendae, meaning little calendar, because the flower can bloom in every month of the year especially in warmer climates but also in Ireland.
- Easy to grow
- Stunning colour that makes a lovely cut flower
- Attracts bees and hoverflies
- They are an excellent companion plant because of their insect repelling properties.
- Look good with Borage
- Flowers are edible - make a striking addition to salads
- Calendula flowers can be fed to chickens to produce wonderfully dark-coloured yolks.
- 100 seeds Cert. Org.(DE-OKO-007)