Carolus - Organic Seed Potatoes
- Carolus is our most popular potato at the moment!
- It is an early main crop which has smooth-skinned pale yellow tubers with attractive shallow red eyes and pale yellow flesh
- Carolus potatoes combine a floury texture with excellent flavour with the added advantage of being totally blight resistant!
- It produces a bumper crop of uniformly sized oval tubers with no signs of blight or rotting from a late September harvest.
- Tubers are uniformly oval in shape. It has very high dry matter so is perfect for baking, chipping, mashing and roast potatoes. Really excellent flavour.
- The name Carolus was chosen by Dutch school children in a competition to choose a name for the first potato variety successfully bred especially for organic cultivation to be blight resistant.
- Carolus was the Latin name of the Swedish scientist Carl Linnaeus who is known as the father of modern taxonomy.
- For more information on Carolus Seed Potatoes click here.
- Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm.
Botanical Description Colour of base of lightsprout: Violet Maturity: Maincrop Height of plants: Tall Colour of flower: Violet Breeder-Provided Characters Dormancy : Long Dry Matter: 21% Cooking Type: Fluffy Tuber Characteristics Shape of tuber: Oval Colour of skin: Yellow reddish eyes Colour of flesh: Light Yellow Depth of eyes: Very shallow- shallow Smoothness of skin: Smooth