Gardener basic knee pads -
- Robust knee pad with a firm rubber shield which protects the knee.
- Due to the sickle shape the upper part of the knee is enclosed and stops soil from entering the kneepad.
- Two textile straps hold the knee pad in place. They are positioned on top and bottom of the pad and therefore do not cut into the back of the knee.
- Spare straps available.
- Comfortable and hard wearing - will give many years of service.
- Padded with cellular rubber. This is a soft material which absorbs no moisture, remains permanently elastic and provides good pressure distribution
- Rubber knee-protectors are tough and long-wearing because they are resistant to abrasion and aggressive chemicals.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body. It is a hinge-like joint that is subject to constant pounding, bending, and twisting from everyday activities, as well as the impact of falls and the effects of arthritis. Since the knee supports nearly the entire weight of the body and has high joint mobility, it is one of the most susceptible to injuries.
Housemaids/Gardeners Knee is the most common form of knee bursitis and is caused by the inflammation (swelling) of the Prepatellar Bursa which sits in front of the knee cap. Prolonged or repetitive kneeling causes friction and puts pressure on the bursa and kneecap. The bursa gradually gets inflamed and swells, becoming painful and putting pressure on the surrounding structures.