Dactylis glomerata - Cocksfoot meadow grass
- Cocksfoot is used to enhance the growth and persistence of permanent pasture in summer dry areas.
- Also called orchard grass or cat grass
- It also adds variety to the stock diet.
- Cocksfoot has limited winter growth but good summer growth.
- It grows early in the spring and has a comprehensive root structure travelling to depth and therefore a great soil structure improver.
- Cocksfoot is a very persistent grass. It grows relatively slowly in the year of sowing but in the second and subsequent years it is very aggressive. Cocksfoot starts growing early in the Spring and regrowth after cutting consists mostly of leafy palatable shoots.
- Excellent Summer growth results in high Summer production.
- It thrives on light, free draining soil.
- It is equally at home on soils prone to flooding.
- Cocksfoot harbours insects and is a good choice for this reason alone. It is a very important food source to several different butterfly species when in their caterpillar stage. It’s also a great habitat for lots of invertebrate species
- coverage 20 kg per hectare / 10 kg per acre
Org. Cert.: IRL OIB3 - EU
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Second time ordering and will return again
- This is my second time ordering from Fruit hill and the service has been exceptional both times. Prompt delivery and well packaged, the last order grew very well.