Look after your knees with our superb kneepads!
- Knee pad with an excellent fit due to a moveable outer rubber shell and a flexible inner knee-shaped cushion made from a soft, form stable PU-foam.
- Particularly strong and comfortable cushioning at the point where the knee creates the highest pressure.
- Padded with cellular rubber. This is a soft material which absorbs no moisture, remains permanently elastic and provides good pressure distribution
- Rubber knee-protectors are tough and long-wearing because they are resistant to abrasion and aggressive chemicals.
- Fixation by two straps: top strap goes around thigh, bottom strap well below knee - therfore no pressure on the back of the knee. (Spare straps available)
- Outer skin made of durable rubber.
- Robust and hard wearing - will proyect your knees year after year
- Can be used for numerous tasks in the home and garden.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body. It is a hinge-like joint that is subject to constant pounding, bending, and twisting from everyday activities, as well as the impact of falls and the effects of arthritis. Since the knee supports nearly the entire weight of the body and has high joint mobility, it is one of the most susceptible to injuries.
Housemaids/Gardeners Knee is the most common form of knee bursitis and is caused by the inflammation (swelling) of the Prepatellar Bursa which sits in front of the knee cap. Prolonged or repetitive kneeling causes friction and puts pressure on the bursa and kneecap. The bursa gradually gets inflamed and swells, becoming painful and putting pressure on the surrounding structures.