Alouette Organic Seed Potato
Alouette is a second early potato variety which is highly resistant to both foliage and tuber blight making it excellent for organic production. It has a rapid early foliage development and gives complete canopy cover helping to suppress weeds. An attractive potato with dark red skins and a deep yellow flesh. Oval shaped tubers with shallow eyes. Alouette is a firm all-round/salad potato which is very versatile. It has good flavour and can be boiled, steamed, roasted, baked and chipped. Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm.
To insure the best outcome for your potato crop it is important to consider the particular agronomic qualities of the variety.
- For best tuber set and size regularity of Alouette it is advisable to let the seed potatoes pre-sprout after taking off the top sprout.
- Read our blog post on how to chit potatoes.
- Don't plant directly into cold soil - let the soil heat up a little.
- It is also important to let them cure for three weeks after the haulms have been remove to avoid damage when harvesting.
- For more specific variety information about Alouette potatoes click here.