Sevilla - Seed Potatoes
- Let the sunshine in with Sevilla!
- Bred by Niek Vos who also bred Bionica.
- Sevilla potatoes are a highly blight resistant Maincrop.
- Please click HERE to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.
- Low Nitrogen requirement.
- Stress/ Drought tolerant.
- Sevilla has a pleasant yellow skin, yellow flesh and oval tubers.
- Sevilla has a good taste - excellent all round potato - High dry matter/floury.
- Excellent for Chipping!
- Vigorous growth, good weed suppressing foliage.
- Pruning/cutting the potato stalks about 10cms above ground level can help the potatoes mature early. Do a test dig in September and begin to prune when you are happy with tuber size. Sevilla can become very big so pruning is highly recommended.
- Allow your potatoes to stay in the ground for at least two weeks after pruning. This will help them develop a thick, protective skin that keeps the potatoes fresh for months after harvesting.
- Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm.
- Sevilla is the place where the first potatoes arrived from South America.