Sevilla - Organic Seed Potatoes
- Let the sunshine in with Sevilla!
- Bred by Niek Vos who also bred Bionica.
- Sevilla potatoes are a highly blight resistant Maincrop.
- Please click HERE to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.
- Low Nitrogen requirement.
- Stress/ Drought tolerant.
- Sevilla has a pleasant yellow skin, yellow flesh and oval tubers.
- Sevilla has a good taste - excellent all round potato - High dry matter/floury.
- Excellent for Chipping!
- Vigorous growth, good weed suppressing foliage.
- Pruning/cutting the potato stalks about 10cms above ground level can help the potatoes mature early. Do a test dig in September and begin to prune when you are happy with tuber size. Sevilla can become very floury so pruning is highly recommended if you don't want them too floury.
- Allow your potatoes to stay in the ground for at least two weeks after pruning. This will help them develop a thick, protective skin that keeps the potatoes fresh for months after harvesting.
- Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm.
- Sevilla is the place where the first potatoes arrived from South America.