The SWISS SHARPENER is made from a special composite steel - tungsten carbide (which is one of the hardest substances known, after diamond). With two sharpening edges bonded into a smooth aluminium handle. It can be used to sharpen any tip or blade from fish hooks to surgical instruments, from shears to bread knives. Two sizes: 14cm (Professional) and 10cm. (Standard)
- compact and easy to use
- no pressure necessary
- forms no burr on the blade
- cutting edges reamin sharper for longer
- the special steel is gentle on the blade.
- can be used by both right and left handed people
- Pull the concave sharpening edge gently along the blade several times without much pressure
- Follow the given angle of the blade
- Work only with one side of the sharpener and always from the handle to the point of the blade. When sharpening Scissors, Secateurs and Pruning shears only sharpen the bevelled side.
The standard model is the smallest sharpener in the range. There is space for it everywhere - in the kitchen drawer, in your tool box or, when you are out and about, in your trouser pocket and it is specifically suited to sharpening small knives and shears. Indispensable to have with you even when you are on the move.
The professional model features a the thumb guard and allows you to sharpen large kitchen knives and garden shears . The hole in the handle is a practical feature for hanging the sharpener from a hook.
Standard ProfessionalLength: 10cmWeight: 24gGuarantee:Length: 14cmWeight: 47gGuarantee: