Timothy (Phleum pratense)
- Relatively shortived perennial that grows in stools or clumps and has a shallow, compact, and fibrous root system.
- Timothy is shallow rooting doing best on moist heavy and peaty soils.
- Has superior winter hardness
- The species is very palatable and will cope with colder conditions.
- It grows in erect columns 40-80cms tall.
- Leaves vary in length from a few cms to 30cms and are about 1/2cm wide, narrowing gently toward the tip.
- Heads are spike-like and dense, from 5-15cms in length.
Certified Organic IRL OIB3-EU