Oscillating or Stirrup Hoe - Fantastic Weeding Tool
Our most popular tool! The double action Oscillating Hoe has an outstanding reputation for being fast and effective. Also called the stirrup hoe. The blade of the oscillating hoe works parallel to the ground. Weeds are undercut by pushing/pulling the sharp blade through the top layer of the soil. The weeds are cut of and the soil surface loosened for better air/water penetration.
How to use: Stand in an upright position holding the long handle. Move the hoe backwards and forwards using small movements (10-15cm) so that the hinged blade moves back and forwards in the soil. The blade is parallel to the ground and cuts the weeds off at the root.
- Blades are made of high tempered spring steel to stay sharp.
- Three hoe widths available: 85mm - 125mm - 175mm.
- Blades are screwed on for easy replacement. Spare blades always available.
- Made in Switzerland.
- Comes without a handle. We recommend a 1.7m ash handle. This enables the user to stand in an upright position, thus making it easier on the back.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Best weeding tool ever!
- The best weeding tool ever! Delivery was amazingly swift! Two days! I would strongly recommend this hoe for every gardener!
- A hoer's hoe!
- This is the best hoe ever and Fruit Hill seems to be its unique supplier in Ireland. Delivery was swift and the long ash handle definitely worth it. Nothing else will do once you have tried this!
- Definitely worth it.
- Tried it at a local organic farm and was impressed. Very happy with it, pleasure use.
- Fantastic tool I have to say. I showed it to a few friends so expect a few more orders
- Great hoe
- Great hoe, should have bough one years ago
- Great hoe
I love the oscillating hoe alot easier to use than previous hoes I have had. Very efficient at weeding. Great tool.
Thanks Brian Douglas Allotments
- fantastic hoe a joy to work