Cape Gooseberry Schonbrunner Gold
- Cape Goosberry (Physalis peruviana)
- For greenhouse production sow from mid January and plant in March.
- Vigorous growing plant with deep golden berries.
- The fruits are very aromatic with a sweet/sour taste.
- This variety is only suitable for indoor cultivation .
- Providing support and training and regular pruning of side shoots is necessary
- Very good crops are obtained on rather poor sandy ground. If the soil is too rich it encourages leaf production at the expense of fruiting.
- Plants needs consistent watering to set a good fruit crop
- The fruit is harvested when it falls to the ground, but not all fallen fruits may be in the same stage of maturity and must be held until they ripen.
- Properly matured fruits will keep for several months
20 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)