Hawos Grain Mill - Oktagon 1
A high capacity household mill which is easy to use and designed to last a lifetime. The Oktagon mill is Hawos' most intricate design. Solid beech wood is used to craft a round hopper and base. The eight sided body interplays with light and shadow to accentuate the richness of the wood grain. It is a little lighter than the other models. As with all the Hawos mills, the quality components and construction are backed up with a 10 year warranty.
What can be milled? The space between the grinding stones is easily adjusted with a lever to accomodate different foods and determine how fine or coarse the flour will be. All the following and more is possible:
- Dry grains and seeds. Wheat, Spelt, Rye, Barley, Oats, Millet, Buckwheat, Einkorn, Amaranth, Emmer, Maize, Quinoa, Rice etc.
- Dry pulses. Green peas, Chickpeas and Soya beans.
- Oilseeds like Linseed, Sesame or Poppy seed cannot be milled on their own. Their oil will clog up and smudge the stones and make them ineffective. They can however be milled if mixed with an equal amount of dry grain.
- Dry spices.
- Milling capacity (wheat): 'fine' approx. 125g/minute and 'coarse' approx. 300g/minute
- Hopper capacity: approx. 1100g
- Millstone: Ø 100mm
- Noise Level: ca. 70 dB (setting 'fine')
- Power consumption: 360W
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 410 x 210 x 210mm
- Weight: 8.8kg.
- Designed for a 1-4 person household. Larger version available on request, please contact us.