Organic Baking Wheat
- Top quality organic baking wheat to ensure perfect bread, pastries and cakes.
- This is a high protein wheat (10.5% - 11.5% Protein) especially suited to bread making. It is also good as an all-purpose flour for all types of baking.
- Moisture content 14-15%.
- Store in a cool, dry place with good air circulation.
- Certified organic.
Why grind your own flour?
- The taste of foods baked with freshly ground grains is far superior to stored flour.
- All grains come in their own perfectly designed preservation packaging, the bran. This exterior shell of the grain is made up of many nutrient rich layers. It protects and preserves the vital nutrients stored in the grain, almost indefinitely. Once the bran has been damaged or cracked open, the inner elements are exposed to oxygen, which destroys the vitamins and oils in just a short period of time.
- Within twenty-four hours of grinding wheat, forty percent of the nutrients have oxidised. Within seventy-two hours of processing (just three days), ninety percent of the nutrients have been destroyed. From this point on, the flour still maintains its mineral content and its caloric value, but the life-giving vitamins and oils have been essentially destroyed—over twenty-five of them! By immediately using the freshly processed flour or grain, you are consuming and reaping the health and flavour benefits of these essential vitamins and oils.
- What is true for wheat is also true for other grains, such as barley, rye, spelt and oats.