Hawos Grain Mill - Mill 1
A high capacity household mill which is easy to use and designed to last a lifetime. The Mill 1 is the classic Hawos model designed in the basic sturdy square format. The housing is made from solid beech wood and handcrafted to perfection through many individual work stages before a linseed oil finish is applied. As with all the Hawos mills, the quality components and construction are backed up with a 10 year warranty.
What can be milled? The space between the grinding stones is easily adjusted with a lever to accomodate different foods and determine how fine or coarse the flour will be. All the following and more is possible:
- Dry grains and seeds. Wheat, Spelt, Rye, Barley, Oats, Millet, Buckwheat, Einkorn, Amaranth, Emmer, Maize, Quinoa, Rice etc.
- Dry pulses. Green peas, Chickpeas and Soya beans.
- Oilseeds like Linseed, Sesame or Poppy seed cannot be milled on their own. Their oil will clog up and smudge the stones and make them ineffective. They can however be milled if mixed with an equal amount of dry grain.
- Dry spices.
- Milling capacity (wheat): 'fine' approx. 125g/minute and 'coarse' approx. 300g/minute
- Hopper capacity: approx. 1300g
- Millstone: Ø 100mm
- Noise Level: ca. 70 dB (setting 'fine')
- Power consumption: 360W
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 410 x 210 x 210mm
- Weight: 9.9kg.
- Designed for a 1-4 person household. Larger version available on request, please contact us.