Stoneware fermentation crock for making sauerkraut, sour vegetables, etc. Natural fermentation is one of the oldest means of preservation. Lactic acid bacteria subject the vegetables to a fermentation process. The vegetable becomes preserved and develops a pleasantly sour taste. Sauerkraut is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- The fermentation of vegetables is among the oldest and healthiest methods of preserving food.
- Most people are familiar with sauerkraut, but you can also preserve red cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, broccoli, all sorts of string beans, cucumbers, onions, turnips, radishes, celery, tomatoes, beets and many other vegetables using lacto-fermentation.
- Sauerkraut Fermenting pots come complete with lid and ceramic stones (weights).
- Water seal prevents any unpleasant odours.
- Free from any harmful substances.
- Would grace any kitchen or pantry.
- Click here for information on Sauerkraut.