Hawos Grain Mill - Queen 1
With the Queen model, the mill is mounted in a housing made from extremely durable beech ply. The direction of the wood grain in each alternate ply is rotated by 90° and glued under extremely high pressure. The high rigidity resulting from this process and the grinding mills running on flexible bearings create a practical grain mill that is very gentle on your ears and fits perfectly into every modern kitchen.The grinding chamber is made from food-safe plastic (not from beech ply).
What can be milled? The space between the grinding stones is easily adjusted with a lever to accomodate different foods and determine how fine or coarse the flour will be. All the following and more is possible:
- Dry grains and seeds. Wheat, Spelt, Rye, Barley, Oats, Millet, Buckwheat, Einkorn, Amaranth, Emmer, Maize, Quinoa, Rice etc.
- Dry pulses. Green peas, Chickpeas and Soya beans.
- Oilseeds like Linseed, Sesame or Poppy seed cannot be milled on their own. Their oil will clog up and smudge the stones and make them ineffective. They can however be milled if mixed with an equal amount of dry grain.
- Dry spices.
- Milling capacity (wheat): 'fine' approx. 125g/minute and 'coarse' approx. 300g/minute
- Hopper capacity: approx. 1300g
- Millstone: Ø 100mm
- Noise Level: ca. 70 dB (setting 'fine')
- Power consumption: 360W
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 385 x 210 x 210mm
- Weight: 9.8kg.
- Designed for a 1-4 person household. Larger version available on request, please contact us.