'Iltis' Medium Weight Felling Axe (1200g ) with Ash handle from SHW
This high quality axe has a sharp, thin blade (or "bit") and slowly tapered head in order to cut across the wood grain as deeply as possible with every stroke.
- 800mm long ash handle
- 1200g bit
- Blade width 145mm
- Through a fully hardened blade the edge receives a particularly high edge retention and guarantees a exceedinlgy long lifespan.
- Greater cutting power with less application of force. More ergonomic and efficient working.
- The thin, springy blade absorbs the bending forces on every impact. This significantly reduces the risk of breaking and correspondingly extends the life.
- Outstanding cutting characteristics thanks to first class Chrome-molybdenum stainless steel alloy
- The design of this type of axe is possible only by using this high-grade special steel. Even at low temperatures, this steel remains viscoplastic, thereby allowing continuous use in extremely cold weather and on all types of hardwood.
- From the cutting edge to the eye, the blade is forged uniformly thin and carefully hardened.
- Made in Germany