Klasmann Peat Free Seed Compost
Organic seed substrate with a well balanced organic nutrient supply. Peat free substrate has 80% certified organic ingredients (coco coir) and is therefore approved for organic wheatgrass, microgreen and potted plant production. According to organic standards, composts for this purpose must be composed of more than 50% certified organic ingredients. Peat is not seen as an organic ingredient whereas organic coco coir is. Our peat free composts are also tested for human pathogens and each batch comes with an analysis cert.
The remainder of the substrate is composed of high quality composted green waste. This compost is enriched with Biodynamic preparations which ensure that micro-organism activity is stimulated. The biological activity of the compost helps suppress root diseases and has a high buffereing effect on nutrients.
- 80% Coir (coconut fibre). 20% High Quality Compost from green waste.
- Specially added predative mites support the biological suppression of sciarid fly.
- Buy 10 bags - only pay for 9. See drop down menu.
- Large bags - a 70L bag of seed compost weighs about 25kg.
- Storage: Compost should be stored in a cool, dark place for best results.
- Peat free seed substrate is monitored for microbiological contamination and certification is traceable by batch number.
- Ideal for growing microgreens and wheatgrass.