Organic Messidor Autumn Planting Garlic
- Overwintering planting Garlic.
- Soft neck.
- Early white variety with 8 to 12 ivory white cloves.
- Excellent taste and stores well.
- Messidor has superior yields (10 to 15 %).
- Planting time: September to January – outside and in tunnel/glasshouse.
- Requires cold conditions to develop.
- Highest yields will come from Autumn plantings.
- When the first six leaves have turned yellow, lift and dry in the sun or in an airy shed.
- Harvesting June – August.
Average number of bulbs:
- 250g = 3-4 bulbs
- 1kg = 12-15 bulbs
- 10kg = 120-150 bulbs
(You will separate each bulb into 8 to 12 cloves which you plant individually)
- Infection is worse on nitrogen-rich soils with low potassium, so take care with fertiliser applications
- Do not crowd plants, as this raises humidity and increases the likelihood of infection
- Keep well weeded
- Dispose of all plant debris at the end of cropping
- See Herfomyc – this is effective against any fungus on herbaceous plants. Also acts as a foliar feed so will strengthen the plant as well
Disease Prevention (general)
Watering: Don’t water in the evening/night as this moisture will linger overnight and allow the perfect environment for fungus to creep in – water in the morning so the plants can dry out throughout the day
Soil: If you have heavy clay soils, you can do things like add sand,compost, and plant your garlic in mounds.
Tools: When dealing with any type of plant disease it’s important to sterilise your tools/materials that came into contact with it
Crop Rotation: To prevent lots of different soil diseases, rotate your vegetable families each season.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- All good
- My second year buying these. Arrived in great condition.