Organic White Clover Seed
- N-fixer, good growth.
- Also good for grazing and silage.
- Is a pollen and nectar source so very good for bees.
- Excellent long-term green manure. It has good frost tolerance and once established can last from 2-5 years.
- Good weed suppressant as it produces a fair amount of foliage and is able to fix nitrogen.
- White clover does not like very acidic soil but will grow down to ph 5.6.
- Seed can be sown between March and September. If sowing in the autumn, aim to sow by mid September.
- A very firm seed bed is required as white clover seeds are small and benefit from shallow sowing at around 10mm
How to sow green manures:
- Prepare a reasonable seed bed.
- Broadcast you seeds. If you have a large area to cover it is a good idea to divide the seed and the land into 4 parts to avoid running out of seed.
- Rake in and water if soil is dry.
Did you know:
- White Clover is the engine in many fields, with millions of plants working 24 hours a day.
- It is the most flexible forage legume, providing reliable production for grazing as well as for silage.
- Due to the large acreage grown, it is, without doubt, the most generous provider of home-grown protein underpinning soil fertility strategies for dairy, sheep and beef producers.
- White clover has high protein content at around 27%.
- Most nitrogen is fixed during the later stages of growth; therefore early defoliation restricts nitrogen fixation.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Quality service and product.