Wild Atlantic Green Manure - the way to protect your soil in winter.
Sow until end October kg/ha: 100kg 1kg covers: 100m2
- Great green manure mix also suitable for a late sowing until the end October.
- Available by the kilo, 25kilo or in 20sq.m garden packs.
- Quick cover and hardy legumes will develop strongly in Spring to provide extra Nitrogen for next crop.
- Very good root development.
- Exclusive to Fruit Hill Farm (on the Wild Atlantic Way in Bantry, centre of the universe)
- Squarrose Clover 10%
- Long taproot.
- This plant belongs to the autumn-spring cycle. Can tolerate temperatures of -10°C at its rosette stage.
- Produces an abundant crop and grows in a great range of soils and climates.
- It is fast growing and provides exceptional weed suppression.
- Wild Ancient Rye 30%
- A special advantage of the wild rye is the powerful and fine root system, which penetrates the entire arable profile.
- The plant is a deep-rooted and will improve the fertility and drainage of the soil.
- Vetch 20%
- Produces a lot of bulky foliage that suppresses weeds, adds organic matter and improves the texture of the soil.
- It is easy to dig in.
- Very Winterhardy!
- Black Oats (Japanese Oats) 30%
- Its dense root system is beneficial to soil texture.
- Provides good soil coverage.
- Black oat is reported to have nematicidal effect.
- 1kilo will cover 100m2
- 100kg per hectare
How to sow green manures –
- Prepare a reasonable seed bed.
- Broadcast you seeds. If you have a large area to cover it is a good idea to divide the seed and the land into 4 parts to avoid running out of seed.
- Rake in and water if soil is dry.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Order hasn't arrived yet but nae worries...
- Happy to consider making an order from you again